Welcome to Year 4
Teacher- Miss A Gosling Teacher - Ms G Selkridge
Teaching Assistant – Mrs C Iddin Teaching Assistant - Mrs C Rochford
- Homework will be given out on Fridays (4B) or Thursdays (4Y) and must be returned by Wednesday. If your child needs help with their homework, please speak with their class teacher before the return day.
- Outdoor PE is on Monday (4B), Friday (4Y) and indoor PE is on a Thursday (4B), Dance (4Y). Please ensure your child has shorts, t-shirt, trainers and something warm for outdoor PE such as a tracksuit.
- Swimming is on a Tuesday (4Y) and Wednesday (4B).
- We will continue to change reading books as soon as we can, usually on the day they are brought into school.
- Times tables awards are completed each Tuesday morning.
Dates for the diary:
Thursday 18th May: Year 4 trip to the World Museum in Liverpool. Further info to follow.
Wednesday 24th May: Year 4 class assembly.
Our topic for Summer 2 is Italy. We will be using maps, atlases, globes and digital mapping to locate Italy and will look closely at geographical features such as mountains and rivers. As well as this, we will find out key facts about Italian culture, focusing on people, places and language.
We will be continuing our science topic, electricity, and will conduct some ‘wow!’ science experiments towards the end of term to embed our ‘working scientifically’ skills.
In maths, we will be using and applying our maths knowledge by solving puzzles and problems. By the end of Year 4, children are expected to know every times table fact up to 12x12, so we will continue to focus on these ‘Learn Its’ in CLIC; please encourage your child to practise their tables at home.
Reading and Writing
We will be reading, analysing and writing stories from other cultures.
Please see the attached document on how to support your child/children with reading: