PE and Sports Funding
All maintained schools have benefited from additional funding in the form of the PE & Sports Grant. Our allocation for the Academic Year 2020/21 is £19,610 plus £2,900 was unspent from 2019/20 due to Covid-19. This funding had the following objectives.
- To increase the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- To increase the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- To offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- To increase participation in competitive sport
A full evaluation of the impact of PE and Sport funding in 2019/20 can be found here.
Our progress with the development of PE started with developing the teaching of outdoor games (F) via a two year programme
In 2017/18 & 2018/19 we moved the focus onto the teaching of gymnastics. Then in 2019/20 we started to look at the teaching of dance but this was interrupted by Covid-19 and so this will continue in 2020/21