PE and Sports Funding
All maintained schools have benefited from additional funding in the form of the PE & Sports Grant. Our allocation for the Academic Year 2017/18 is £19,670 and will be funded over two financial years (2016/17 & 2017/18). This funding had the following objectives.
- To increase the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- To increase the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- To offer a broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- To increase participation in competitive sport
A full evaluation of the impact of PE and Sport funding in 2016/17 can be found here.
We embedded the development of teachers' skills in teaching games with year 2 of a focus on football, basketball, hockey, tennis, cricket & athletics. This was a two year programme of development.
In 2017/18 we have moved the focus onto the teaching of gymnastics.