Nursery Blue Nursery Yellow
Teacher - Miss E Pickles Teacher - Miss H Barker
Teaching Assistant - Miss R O'Connor Teaching Assistant - Mrs J Artingstall
Other EYFS Staff
Miss L Reyes, Miss C Rowley-Stennings, Miss S Baddoo
Learning in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
In Nursery and Reception, we follow the EYFS framework which sets out the learning and development stages for children as they grow from birth to five years.
Children engage in a mix of adult led and child initiated activities. Where possible, we base the children's learning on their interests, which inform our topics
This half term we will be continuing to use WellComm. WellComm is a speech and language toolkit which is used with children from 6 months to 6 years. We use the toolkit to support children’s language development using a range of fun and play based activites. Here are some ways you can encourage and support your child’s lanagauge development at home:
- Switch off disctractions such as the TV, iPads and mobile phones.
- Make time to listen to your child talking about their day.
- Play listening games such as musical bumps/statues.
- Use puppets to make up stories.
- Use story books to teach new vocabulary.
- Visit your local area, such as the park, and talk about what you can see.
Some of our Nursery children enjoying their outdoor play.
Enjoying a bit of bird spotting!
Mark making in progress!
Playing at the "beach"!